Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More Than Imagine

Son Steven had "I Can Only Imagine" playing on the CD when I got home from paddling with Bonnie and Connie this afternoon. The lyrics are about imagining what it will be like to be with Jesus. It is a beautiful song. I closed my eyes and sang along with the words, standing in the living room with my hands raised with praise. Then, I stepped back from grooving with the message. Imagine has nothing to do with it. The joy I am living is now. "Steve, this guy has it wrong," I say. "I don't have to imagine. The kingdom is come on earth. The spirit of God is with us when a foster family made adoptive family can grow stronger through cancer rather than coming apart. When one of Joshua's home-made duck-tape swords becomes his gift (tied with red bow) to me for battling cancer. I watch Joshua outside the window. He is pushing his sword into the sky "Look mom -- I'm killing the cancer." The spirit of God was with me in God's creation this morning when paddling with friends. I'm in the mainstream. I don't have to imagine anymore. I am choosing to be in God's kingdom today.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Valerie,
    This is beautiful! You are so aware of how God is acting in your life at this moment.
    You bless us with your words and spirit.

    I hold you in my prayer. May God give you strength, hope and grace to persevere.

    Blessings to you and your family,
    Lee LeVoy

    ReplyDelete