Sunday, November 28, 2010

Aroma

On Thanksgiving, 2010, I remembered 2009. Susan Reed wrote to me and said "what a difference a year makes." So true. Thanksgiving, 2009, medical staff were unable to rouse me and assumed I may have hemorrhaged in the brain. They tell me that I was rushed for emergency CT scan and other tests. Though I was out of conscious for nearly two days and missed the turkey, I came to and back to myself with a new note on my chart that this patient, (me), is allergic to Ativan, especially Ativan administered IV in methodical succession. This year, Thanksgiving, 2010, our family attended a community Thanksgiving dinner at Gibson's. It did not matter that we were going out. I put a turkey in the oven to cook just so I could smell it roasting throughout my gratefull day.

No comments:

Post a Comment