Thursday, June 3, 2010

New Digs

Sign here. I can't remember what I signed but the nurse was giving me discharge papers and telling me I'm scheduled at the SCCA clinic tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. for labs and clinic appointment. The wheel chair sent to the hospital room was big enough to carry all my bags and parcels. Kathy pushed the chair. I walked carrying the paddle in the elevator and toward the door. Picked up a brown grocery sack of meds from the pharmacy. That bag looked big enough to fit a turkey, 10 pounds of potatoes, veg. and stuffing. Kathy and I caught the once-an-hour shuttle with a minute to spare. Heather Cheng, the fellow from 7 east was on the crowded afternoon shuttle and gave up her seat to me. Traffic noise, horns, bikers, walkers, blue sky, shops, bustle, cars, buses. Bridges, and I'm singing in side "I'm free." Let loose. Check into Seattle Cancer Care Alliance House on Pontius. A queen size bed without bed rails. A toaster. Desk. Window that I can open. Refrigerator. Bed side table with lamp. No P.A. system announcing and repeating when there is a code blue in room......
Kathy drops me off and goes on a food run to fill my fridg. She returns with a back pack of goodies and Kayla to visit. Hugs and hugs and hugs. Day 28 post transplant. And, make sure to take your temperature every four hours. Emergency phone number for the clinic written in bold numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment