Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Vitality

Saturday, May 1, there was a flurry of "what to do," among nursing staff when my blood pressure came through as 88/58 at 9:oo a.m. Could it be that I was dehydrated? I drank more water but I had been attached to I.V. saline solution since my arrival and the introduction of chemo. My blood counts did not show dehydration.
By 12:30, vitals were taken again. This time, Korrina and Kayla were present. Kathy LeClaire had arrived. We were watching the May 1st Boat Parade from my window. 98/62 blood pressure showed that something or someone was making a difference.
Kathy Garner, Liz, Beth and Mark, new friends in Seattle arrived for a visit and filled the hospital room to over flowing. I got to speak with Joe by phone from Washington Island and my mother by phone from Roseville, California. The 4:30 p.m. blood pressure count was 108/64. Love is crucial for my well being.

No comments:

Post a Comment