Saturday, May 15, 2010

Woman in High Heels

Blood draw results provide a window on the world of what is happening inside. When I was in Green Bay going through induction chemo, I got the image that my body was a woman in high heel stilettos walking on a raised median dividing the Champs Elysees in Paris. I have never been to the place but I imagine heavy traffic and the center line precarious. The oncologist worked a balance act trying to keep my body from falling into the on-coming or going traffic. My body fell into danger more than once with consequence.
At the University of Washington Hospital, the physicians have me just where they want me. Doc. Heather Cheng has a favorite saying "we're not going to chase it." Sneakers on the wide path. Traffic noise is absent.

No comments:

Post a Comment